Resilience in Isolation
In 2020, in direct response to the strange and trying times we found ourselves in, YIRRAMBOI Festival acknowledged the disruption and upheaval being felt throughout our First Nations arts community through our Resilience in Isolation program.
To do our part in ensuring our artists continued their creative practices and development, the program provided monetary support for our First Nations creatives to continue to do what they do best, create.
All works are viewable online 24/7.
- Black Crow Online Exhibition at Koorie Heritage Trust – Daen Sansbury-Smith (Narungga/Trawoolwaway)
- Who Is Deeya Mithadda? – Andrew Toby (Wakka Wakka/Gangulu)
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow – Naarah (Gija tribe from The Kimberley, Western Australia)
- Light – Dylan Hoskins (Gumbayngirr)
- Resilience in Remembering – Tarsha Davis (Kuku Yalanji)
- Little Things – Garret Lyon (Darumbal/Wulli-Wulli)
- Yinarr – Amelia Jean O’Leary (Gamilaroi)
- Variations on Country – Slim Lee (Jaadwa)
- My Boonwurrung Queens – Jarra Karalinar Steel (Boonwurrung)
- Ngootyoong Laka Yana – Walk & Talk with Respect – Brett Clarke (Gunditjmara Kirrae Whurrung)
- No Justice, No Peace – Alan Stewart (Taungurung)